This heart bunting of padded hearts is a version of the popular bunting that we love for our homes and gardens.
This is perfect for a Valentines garland but also would look beautiful in a girl’s bedroom or as a party decoration. I’ve used red fabric scraps but how lovely would it be to make from old dresses your little girl had grown out of?
Here is what you will need:
A heart template (see bottom of tutorial for download), 5 different fabrics, 5 buttons, ribbon, length of twine, pinking shears, embroidery thread and needle, stuffing.
To make your hearts bunting:
- Choose your 5 fabrics. Pin your heart template to two pieces of fabric and cut around the template with pinking shears. Repeat to make fronts and backs of 4 more hearts.
- Take two hearts, sew around the heart about 5mm in from the edges with a running stitch. Leave a gap for the stuffing.
- Stuff the heart with a small amount of stuffing. Finish up the stitching around the heart. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other 4 hearts.
- Take your ribbon, cut about 10cm of ribbon and sew in a loop to the top of each heart and sew on a button in front of the loop.
- Hang your hearts on a length of ribbon or twine. Tie or hang from a shelf or mantel to adorn and admire your handiwork!
Here is the download for the template: heart template
If you want to pin for later here’s an image you can use:
For more heart shaped makes see:
6 ways to discover your creativity
6 ways to discover your creativity e-mag & bonus printable manifestos.