This heart bunting of padded hearts is a version of the ever popular bunting that we love for our homes and gardens.
This is perfect for a Valentines garland but also would look beautiful in a girl’s bedroom or as a party decoration. I used red fabric scraps but how lovely would it be to make from old dresses your little girl had grown out of? That would be a treasure.
Here is what you will need:
A heart template (see bottom of tutorial for download), 5 different fabrics, 5 buttons, ribbon, length of twine, pinking shears, embroidery thread and needle, stuffing.
To make your hearts bunting:
- Choose your 5 fabrics. Pin your heart template to two pieces of fabric and cut around the template with pinking shears. Repeat to make fronts and backs of 4 more hearts.
- Take two hearts, sew around the heart about 5mm in from the edges with a running stitch. Leave a gap for the stuffing.
- Stuff the heart with a small amount of stuffing. Finish up the stitching around the heart. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other 4 hearts.
- Take your ribbon, cut about 10cm of ribbon and sew in a loop to the top of each heart and sew on a button in front of the loop.
- Hang your hearts on a length of ribbon or twine. Tie or hang from a shelf or mantel to adorn and admire your handiwork!
Here is the download for the template: heart template
If you want to pin for later here’s an image you can use:
See ideas for garden and union flag bunting here:
For more heart shaped makes see:
6 ways to discover your creativity
6 ways to discover your creativity e-mag & bonus printable manifestos.